Thursday 5 September 2013

...Walk into Mordor

Boromir, son of Denethor emphatically states at the Council of Elrond that it is not a simple task to take the One Ring to Mordor, to destroy it.

Now for those of you who are wondering what I am on about, I suggest that you do yourself a favour and watch the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. That's right, it's a trilogy. Take the whole day and watch arguably the best trilogy of, at least, the last 30 years. If you've already seen it - great! If not then do that ASAP and thank me later.

Still with me?

So, here I am, Manpreet Mahoon, beginning a blog. A blog which will be about 3 things in particular: Movies, Games and Sport. Yes, I hear you loud and clear. "One does not simply diversify what they write about, it is folly." (Pardon the 'borrowed' dialogue!) However, these are my main interests that I have a huge passion for.

What I aim to do with One Does Not Simply is to convey my aforementioned passion for these industries. I will write about and put up videos of the good, the bad and the downright ugly that each of these industries have to offer. And hopefully at the end of it, you will have enjoyed what I've had to say and spread the word of this little blog that you so happened to stumble upon.

But this is not only about me; it is about you as well. (I assure you that was not meant to sound sinister!) So if you have anything in particular that you want me to write about then let me know.

Also, constructive feedback is always a great thing; I've started this blog to get better at writing and producing content for an audience so please let me know how I can improve. However, if all is dandy then just sit back, relax, put your feet up and read away!

SPOILER ALERT ahead for those of you who have not heeded my advice and watched the Lord of the Rings.

So, how does what Boromir had to say, in no uncertain terms, have anything to do with this blog - One Does Not Simply? Well, it's this really: starting this blog is a tough and uncertain journey that I have not experienced before, but from it I want to be able to climb the stairs of Cirith Ungol, battle through a giant spider's lair and persevere to the fires of that infernal volcano - Mount Doom.
I think my path is the red one.

The diminutive hobbits - Frodo and Sam - make their way into Mordor, against all odds, and destroy the One Ring; thus defeating the bad guys. I may not be defeating any bad guys by writing this blog, but in essence, writing One Does Not Simply is about a journey and making it to a destination that at the moment feels very far away.

I hope to make it one day.

Manny


No comments:

Post a Comment